The Reality Tour is more than a drug prevention program; it is a parent-child relationship-builder, as evidenced by the program’s goal-setting segment.
Common Goals Set by Adults:
- Praise my child more often.
- Have more conversations with my child.
- Ask my child the ‘who’, ‘what’, and ‘where’ more often, when they are going somewhere.
- Meet my child friend’s parents more.
- Spend more meal time together.
Common Goals Set by Children:
- To start volunteering / volunteer more.
- Ask a parent or adult for help with a problem or worrying.
- To find new friends - those do not use drugs.
- To help around the house without being asked.Spend more time with the family.